1. Privacy Statement
Feliz Hotel Boracay collects, processes and stores personal data about you when you avail of its services, participate in its events and other marketing-related activities, apply for a job, or enter into any contract with Feliz Hotel Boracay, provided that you have given your express consent.
2. Collection of Personal Data
The term “personal data” in this policy refers to the information that identifies or is capable of identifying you as an individual. Feliz Hotel Boracay collects information you provide directly to it, such as when you avail of its services, attend or participate in any of its events, respond to a survey, contact support, apply for a job, enter into any contract with Feliz Hotel Boracay or otherwise communicate or interact with Feliz Hotel Boracay.The following personal data may be collected:
- your name, age, gender, personal and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, nationality, civil status, passport and visa information;
- guest stay information such as dates of arrival and departure, services preferences, etc.;
- credit card information or other payment method details
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation or services);
- information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, contests or promotional offers, or to our websites;
- information collected while at the Feliz Hotel Boracay location through the use of closed circuit televisions systems, internet systems (including wired or wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location), car key and other security and technology systems;
- information collected while you access the Feliz Hotel Boracay website; and
- contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents, event planners)
3. Use and Processing of Personal Data
- provide and charge for hotel accommodation and other goods and services;
- provide you with a better or more personalized level of service, including information and services from a third party (such as additional guest services at Feliz Hotel Boracay, local attractions and transportation options);
- facilitate services on your behalf, including restaurant and transportation transactions;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, online travel agencies, deal sites, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and third party loyalty programs);
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, and direct marketing and sales promotions;
- provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- administer general record keeping;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- test and evaluate new products and services.
4. Sharing of Personal Data
Feliz Hotel Boracay may share personal data between and among the entities comprising the same to enable them to provide you personalized services. Feliz Hotel Boracay may also disclose personal data with its Personal Information Processor (PIP), Enderun Hospitality Management (EHM), vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on behalf of Feliz Hotel Boracay. If and when it becomes necessary, a data sharing agreement shall cover any sharing of data between and among Feliz Hotel Boracay and/or its vendors, consultants, and other service providers. Feliz Hotel Boracay reserves the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or lawfully requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations and any specific record retention laws.
5. Storage and Protection of Personal Data
Feliz Hotel Boracay has instituted policies and procedures which intend to protect personal data which it has collected and continues to collect. These include securing any document containing personal data in paper and electronic formats, including databases, and limiting access to personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their duties in delivering the services.
While there will always be a risk of unauthorized disclosure of personal data, Feliz Hotel Boracay believes that the foregoing safeguards are sufficient to prevent the occurrence of such risk and is committed to updating and improving such safeguards in order to protect your personal data in compliance with the Data Privacy Act.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are a little different from one another, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled.
Our websites may also contain plug-ins and other features that integrate third party social media platforms into our websites. You will be able to activate them manually. If you do so, the third parties who operate these platforms may be able to identify you, they may be able to determine how you use this website and they may link and store this information with your social media profile. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they will be doing with your personal data. If you activate these plug-ins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk
Where permitted by law, we may work with other companies to share advertisements or marketing that we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own websites or communications sent by us, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ websites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our websites or third-party websites.
Our websites do not sell products or services for purchase by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children. If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our websites), you may only use our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
7. Your Rights under the Data Privacy Act
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You will be given an option or opportunity to withhold your consent to the processing of your personal data whenever Feliz Hotel Boracay communicates with you;
- You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to rectify or correct any inaccuracy or error in your personal data by submitting your request for rectification or correction to our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Please notify our Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise this right;
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in an electronic or structured format if the same is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format by submitting your request to our Data Protection Officer; and
- You have the right to be indemnified if you incur damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.
9. Contacting Us
Feliz Hotel Boracay
D’Mall of Boracay, Barangay Balabag,
Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan,